Website My Care Labs
Testing made easy
MyCare Labs helps combat COVID-19/RSV/Influenza A&B through our convenient and accurate tests. We offer rapid and reliable testing services including Travel PCR testing in the comfort of your own car, home, office, school, or workplace. Most patients test with us at our Fremont laboratory and clinic or at our Union City pop-up test clinic. Our professional staff provides a comfortable, friendly, confidential environment for patients. We are launching wellness and drug testing Spring 2023 and will be focusing more on these tests than respiratory illnesses, so you will enjoy a variety of testing and patient experiences while working for My Care Labs.
We are looking for self-motivated Medical Assistants to help run our Fremont diagnostic testing clinic year-round, and our Union City testing popup now through May 11th. The ideal candidate possesses excellent customer service, communication, and people skills, along with clinical knowledge and experience to collect nasal/mouth swabs for COVID/RSV/Flu testing. MAs log and transport specimens and supplies at end of shift to and from our lab. You will collaborate closely with your site supervisor and other staff to ensure your site runs smoothly, safely, and comfortably.
- Check-in and register patients on site or guide them through our online self-registration on their phones (Fremont and/or Union City)
- Swab patients for COVID-19/RSV/Flu based on applicable state law
- Answer patient questions regarding the testing process, test types, insurance/cash payment, and any other concerns
- Contact patients directly and/or ask other staff to contact patients pre-visit to confirm appointments
- Help other staff with additional tasks as required in various Tri-City / Bay Area locations
- Instruct patients to self-swab for COVID-19 tests if unable to directly swab based on state law or patient/guardian preference
- Follow safety policies and procedures in your work area, including use of protective equipment when necessary to prevent exposure to potentially infectious disease agents
- Set up and prepare testing operations, street signage, including A-Frame signs/flags and street cones (at our drive-through location) and keep our patient lobby clean and welcoming if at our Fremont location
- Participate in online and in-person trainings + continuing education to keep up to date with current testing standards
- Record and report testing by Microsoft Teams, MS Excel, Google Suite, Labxchange.io, and other computer software as needed
- Other duties may be assigned
- Suggest personal/professional development programs you would like to study with company support
- Fluent conversational English speaker
- Ideally bilingual in a 2nd language: Spanish, Punjabi, Farsi, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Pashto, Hindi, Urdu, Tagalog, other
- Valid and current state CNA/EMT/Medical Assistant or Paramedic licensure or certification
- High School Diploma or GED, College Degree Preferred
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- Valid driver’s license
- Basic computer/technology skills: Excel, Word, Web browser, Chat, can access wifi hotspots with cellphone and laptop (if you don’t know but are teachable, we will teach you)
- Open availability: mornings, days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime with or without advanced notice
- Ability to adapt to change in an environment that can be busy or slow on different days
- Willingness to assist co-workers with workflow as necessary
- Medical experience preferred
- Normally on time or early to work commitments
- Able to be self-directed or part of a collaborative team, depending on the day
- Strong team player
- Site locations are inside and outside in all weather conditions – we are open rain or shine so you will get plenty of sunshine and vitamin D. Our outdoor locations normally have coverage from all weather conditions.
- Standing outside for up to 4 hours per day in PPE – typically there is ample sit down time while waiting for patients
- You can wear casual clothing or scrubs, personal choice. We provide all required Personal Protective Equipment.
- You may be working at our Fremont laboratory and/or our Union City pop-up site
- Occasionally we work corporate/community events on weekdays or weekends
- Work snacks/beverages and heater/fan provided
- Due to part-time hours, this position may be ideal for students, gig workers, fresh graduates and newer Medical Assistants/CNAs
Disclaimer: You may be around patients who have caught COVID-19, RSV, Flu, and/or other diseases. This means you may be at risk of being infected, however, we provide all necessary PPE and training to avoid such events from occurring.
We’re looking for candidates who can work needed shifts at our COVID-19/RSV/Flu Testing Clinics. More information regarding the work schedule will be shared during your interview.
We are launching wellness and drug testing Spring 2023 and focusing more on that than COVID, so you will enjoy a variety of testing and patient experiences.
Job Type: Part-time, Contractor
Pay: $19.00 – $23.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple, depends on staffing needs
Website & social media: http://www.mycarelabs.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org