The short version?
Much like your parents, teachers, or managers might suggest, our Medical Assistants would advise that you stay home and rest. Keep your mask on in public places. Avoid big crowds. Drink plenty of liquids with electrolytes to stay hydrated. It’s good to boost vitamins C/D, zinc, and protein in your diet. Re-test with My Care Labs within two days to one week.
The long version:
If you test positive for COVID-19 after your My Care Labs smart combo test, it’s a good idea to self-isolate to avoid spreading the virus to others. You should also follow the guidance provided by your local health department or healthcare provider. Some general recommendations for people who have tested positive for COVID-19 include:
- Stay home: You should stay home for at least 5-10 days after the onset of symptoms, and for at least 24 hours after your fever has gone away without the use of fever-reducing medication. (CDC has reduced this to “at least 5 days” as of August 2022.)
- Monitor your symptoms: Keep track of your symptoms and seek medical attention if they worsen. Seek emergency medical care if you have difficulty breathing, persistent pain or pressure in your chest, new confusion, inability to wake or stay awake, or bluish lips or face.
- Stay in touch with your healthcare provider: Follow the instructions provided by your healthcare provider regarding medications, additional testing, and when it’s safe to return to work or school.
- Practice good hygiene: Continue to practice good hygiene, such as frequently washing your hands, covering your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze, and cleaning and disinfecting frequently-touched surfaces.
- Notify close contacts: You should also notify any close contacts, such as household members or people you have been in close contact with, of your positive test result. They may need to self-isolate or get tested as well.
- Follow local guidelines: Your local health department will also have guidelines for quarantine and isolation. Follow any guidance that is provided by your local health department or healthcare provider.
It is important to follow the guidelines provided by your healthcare provider or the local health department during these times as Covid-19 infection and its severity varies from person to person and on the state of the disease progression in your community.
However you’re feeling today, we hope you feel better tomorrow!
My Care Labs Patient Support